4.16.2009

i <3 mpls

things i will miss about minneapolis

diversity in faith, culture, religion, language. somalis and tibetans and hmong. going to coffee shops and meeting people from other countries.
lakes.
green.
the 35w bridge view. at night. the old gold medal flour factory, the stone arch bridge, the mississippi, sky scrapers.
spyhouse in uptown.
cafe overflow on university
the university of minnesota campus
uptown
dinkytown
downtown
bethlehem baptist church
the tea garden (grand and university especially)
eat street and all the restaurants i haven't tried
art museums like the walker and mia that i still need to go to
the snelling bridge where you can see both downtown st. paul and minneapolis
the caribou on snelling
jonathan, my 98-year-old friend at the nursing home across the street from campus.
every chipotle within a 10-mile radius of campus
mild summer temperatures
cruising snelling to b96 at night
half price apps at crapplebees-- default saturday night activity
unique thrift store
excelsior - lake minnetonka at night when it's snowing
89.3 the current
lots of cheap concerts
the downtown dunn brothers

things i won't miss about minneapolis
winters that last 7 months.

3 comments:

Kvanderpool said...

HAHA sweetheart God knows I will grow to love you more as i get to know you more my sister...but I must be real with you, you will not get any of these here. Tech Campus is beautiful but the scenery is not. But you will find real people, real love, and real Holy Spirit (which true, you can get anywhere). Please let me know ANYTHING I can attempt to do to make your time here more inspirational than you thought possible....or if you just need a sandwich i can make you one. Love you like my sister.

Kvanderpool said...

i love all kinds of poets and poetry. and all of my favorites (minus 2) are secular poets so hit me with your best shot!

Anonymous said...

MPLS will MISS YOU!

At least I for sure will. I feel this list...thankfully you can stream the Current online from TX...Maybe on Radio-Free Current every Sat night I can even request a song in your honor.